Fluorescent Total Protein Stain
AquiStain RED dye is the most sensitive fluorescent staining available for the detection of total proteins separated on 1D and 2D gel electrophoresis, PVDF and nitrocellulose membranes and is fully compatible with mass spectrometry.
AquiStain RED is a unique fluorescent marker. This fluorophore covalently binds to proteins and is completely pH-reversible. This property makes it a very effective stain and fully compatible with downstream analysis such as mass spectrometry, Edman sequencing and functional analysis.
Thanks to its high stability, the stained gels with AquiStain RED result in low background and no speckles.
AquiStain RED Fluorescent Total Protein Stain is particularly suitable for all gel and blot staining applications. In addition, staining proteomic gels with this new fluorophore showed significant decrease lowering of the detection limit and a 30% increase in the number of low abundance proteins detected. AquiStain RED has also proved to be much more photostable with a half-life of 33 min on a UV transilluminator.
Finally, unlike competitors products, AquiStain RED contains no heavy metals, is environmentally friendly and easy to use.
For Blot Staining, AquiStain RED is the most sensitive and simple to use fluorescent protein stain for nitrocellulose and PVDF membranes.
This reversible dye can be simply removed by washing. Then proteins may be analysed by mass spectrometry, immuno-staining and / or functional analysis.
• Flexible: 1D or 2D electrophoresis gels, native or denatured; nitrocellulose and PVDF membranes.
• Eco-friendly: nontoxic dye, heavy metals free
• Sensitive: up to 50 pg / spot of proteins detected
• Compatible: with mass spectrometry, DIGE, Blot and phosphoprotein
• Wide dynamic range (over 4-orders of magnitude)
• Low background
• Multiplex compatible: with other fluorophores (e.g. Cy™ Dyes), other stains (e.g. Coomassie®, silver).